Friday, February 27, 2009

Finish the Sentence...with David Tejada

[sing along with your favorite game show music]
"It's time once again to ask a well-known photographer, instructor or otherwise interesting person the same 10 questions and ask them to Finish the Sentence! This week the sentences are finished by.... David Tejada.

David, please Finish the Sentence..."

My favorite photography accessory (lights, modifier, bag, tripod) is
I actually have two items that are very important to me. First are my PocketWizards. I can't get lit shots like this without them.


And second, it's my tripod. A stable platform is a necessity in order to have sharp images.

I’ve learned the most from..
The Web! "Kelby Training Online" is by far the best! What a wonderful collection of talent to lean from.

If I could go anywhere in the world it would be_____ because….
I have always wanted to visit Venice, Italy. I've traveled all over the world shooting assignments but have never made it there. I want to shoot there because of the stunning photos I've seen created there.

My most-used Photoshop add-on, plugin, action set (etc) is
I have an action I created that allows me to produce a portrait makeover in 5 minutes. Skin softening, red-eye reduction, teeth brighting and a B/W conversion. I also like Alien Skin Exposure 2.

I love the fact that Photoshop
Has brought me into the light. No more mixing chemicals and standing for hours over trays processing prints in the dark.

I hate the fact that Photoshop
Can suck so much time away from me, it's a love hate relationship for me. It's very reminiscent of the darkroom days when I'd use all the air up in the darkroom. Photoshop allows you to create so many different variations of the same photo.

If I could turn back the clock 10 years
I would have bought more Adobe and Apple stock.

In 10 years
I hope to still be actively shooting and teaching workshops around the country, I love teaching.

If I could give one piece of advice it would be
Do what you love and have a passion for. Life is too short to do otherwise!

Your readers can find out more about me
Your readers can find out more about me and my commercial work at www.tejadaphoto.com, I also blog at www.davidtejada.blogspot.com and to learn more about the location lighting workshops "Small Strobes, Big Results" www.smallstrobesbigresults.com.

Ladies, Gentlemen, let's hear it for David Tejada!
[much applause and whistling as the music fades stops abruptly]

David Tejada is a Colorado based corporate photographer who specializes in location work for annual reports and other business collateral material. David also teaches his popular Small Strobes, Big Results lighting workshops around the country as well as teaching location lighting at Santa Fe Photographic Workshops & Maine Media Center Workshops. David will also be conducting his first Popular Photography/American PHOTO "Mentor Series Trek" to Death Valley February 18th-22nd.

1 comment:

Chad Phillips said...

I have followed David's work for little over a year. It is because of people like him, I have learned how to take the flash off camera and use the light to create awesome images! Thanks Dave (&Dave)!!!