Friday, May 22, 2009

Finish the Sentence...with Carrie Sandoval

[no game show music this week - instead, gentle nursery rhymes]
"It's time once again to ask a well-known photographer, instructor or otherwise interesting person the same 10 questions and ask them to Finish the Sentence! This week the sentences are finished by.... Carrie Sandoval.

Carrie, please Finish the Sentence..."

My favorite photography accessory (lights, modifier, bag, tripod) is
5d underwater housing (I know, unrelated to my professional style, but my camera is extremely boring since I use all natural light).

I’ve learned the most from..
Practicing; myself.

If I could go anywhere in the world it would be_____ because….
Australia because the land is beautiful and the people are friendly!

My most-used Photoshop add-on, plugin, action set (etc) is
Color: Lilyblue's Coral action.

I love the fact that Photoshop
Gives me 100% control.

I hate the fact that Photoshop
Made me gain 10 pounds.

If I could turn back the clock 10 years
Sigh. I would love to have nice pictures of my son (born 2000) and twins girls (born 2002) as newborn babies. If only I had been into (baby / newborn) photography then. But... it would have been difficult for me to do this profession while I struggled to build my family.

In 10 years
Hmm? I am totally content where I am right now. I can't decide if I would love photographing celebrity babies or not. I'd love to at least try!

If I could give one piece of advice it would be
Beautiful tones start with great lighting, not great photoshop skills.

Your readers can find out more about me
www.capturedbycarrie.com/

Ladies & Gentlemen, children (...babies), let's hear it for Carrie Sandoval!!!

Carrie Sandoval is a children's photographer based in southern California. She has been recognized both locally and world wide for her inventive, conceptual photography work with newborn babies. She is constantly challenging herself by using newfangled poses and props. Each and every baby is a complete inspiration!

1 comment:

Loopsta said...

"Beautiful tones start with great lighting, not great photoshop skills." ... How true or as a friend of mine once commented "you cant polish a turd!"