Friday, March 20, 2009

Finish the Sentence...with Jack Davis

[clap along with the beat of your favorite game show music]
"It's time once again to ask a well-known photographer, instructor or otherwise interesting person the same 10 questions and ask them to Finish the Sentence! This week the sentences are finished by.... Jack Davis.

Jack, please Finish the Sentence..."

My favorite photography accessory (lights, modifier, bag, tripod) is
My fanny pack of pocket cameras including an infrared converted Cannon PowerShot 880, a Panasonic Lumix LX3, and a waterproof Pentax Optio W60 (I'd have my indispensable D300 in there too but I save that for my backpack)

I’ve learned the most from..
--George Lepp (leppinstitute.com) from whom I learned how to play with photographic technology like infrared.
--DeWitt Jones (Outdoor Photographer and National Geographic writer) from whom I learned how to play in my life.
--My family, friends and fellow students from whom I learned about everything else.

If I could go anywhere in the world it would be_____ because….
Tavarua Island in Fiji because of the beautiful balance of nature, surfing and solitude

My most-used Photoshop add-on, plugin, action set (etc) is
--Photo Tools Pro (the action engine where I was able to put in 200 of my favorite image enhacing recipes from the last 20 years) and Photo Frame (a phenomenal product that I also contributed to that does instant wonder for overlaying textures and framing) from onOne Software.
--Portraiture and Noiseware Pro from Imagenomic (that just do miraculous work based on wonderful image analysis)

I love the fact that Photoshop
Can help shape any visual, strengthen any story, and because it has technologies for any challenge

I hate the fact that Photoshop
There is too much hate in the world! :-) But I do look forward to when everything is procedural and we no longer need to push pixels around.

If I could turn back the clock 10 years
I would invest wiser :-(

In 10 years
Do what I am doing now but from Tavarua! :D)

If I could give one piece of advice it would be
Always keep growing in your art, wisdom and grace, but never grow up

Your readers can find out more about me
Adventuresinphotoshop.com, where you can pick up my ACR and Lightroom “How to Wow” presets for optimizing and my brand new free “How to Wow” presets for image enhancing for ACR 5 and Lightroom 2, as well as a complete working copy of PhotoTools Lite. I also have training DVDs at software-cinema.com and look for my brand new classes coming soon at kelbytraining.com (which I am very excited about!!)

Ladies, Gentlemen, let's hear it for Jack Davis!
[much applause and whistling as the music never seems to stop]
A Photoshop Hall of Famer, Jack is co-author of the award-winning Photoshop Wow! Books and How to Wow: Photoshop for Photography books, as well as an award-winning designer/illustrator/photographer. He is also a contributing editor to numerous other books and magazines (including Photoshop User) on digital imagery, photography and design. Jack has degrees in traditional Commercial Art and Graphic Design and an MA and MFA in Digital Imagery, and when he's not in front of his Cinema Display in San Diego he's usually on the beach somewhere in Polynesia with his digital camera and analog paints documenting the local color.

No comments: