Friday, April 10, 2009

Finish the Sentence...with Corey Barker

[start up the movie-themed game show music]
"It's time once again to ask a well-known photographer, instructor or otherwise interesting person the same 10 questions and ask them to Finish the Sentence! This week the sentences are finished by.... Corey Barker.

Corey, please Finish the Sentence..."

My favorite photography accessory (lights, modifier, bag, tripod) is
Hmmm...Not really a photographer so I would have to say that my camera strap is my favorite accessory. Why? because its keeps the camera out of my way without having to put it down. ;-)

I’ve learned the most from..
Well I have learned from so many but I have learned a great deal from Bert Monroy, our very own Felix Nelson, and of course having all of the NAPP guys around is never a bad thing to have on hand..

If I could go anywhere in the world it would be_____ because….
Australia because it just fascinates me as a country It seems as though there is so much to see and the landscape is just beautiful. Would also love to see Dubai.

My most-used Photoshop add-on, plugin, action set (etc) is
Well I am not much of a plug in user but I will say that the OnOne set of filters is most impressive and seems to be the most useful.

I love the fact that Photoshop
That is really has no limits. You can explore and explore and there is always something new to be discovered. It is used by so many people for so many different reasons. It is quite simply the Swiss Army Knife of imaging apps.

I hate the fact that Photoshop
Doesn't think as fast as I do.

If I could turn back the clock 10 years
I would have gotten more involved with 3D animation. I am slowly creeping into it now but if had started way back then who knows.

In 10 years
I hope to still have this enthusiastic sense of exploration I have today. I have always been a big kid and a part of me hopes that never dies.

If I could give one piece of advice it would be
Learn to accept criticism. As a creative person it comes with the territory. It will only make you a stronger and better artist.

Your readers can find out more about me
PlanetPhotoshop.com
KelbyTraining.com
PhotoshopUser.com
LayersTV.com

Ladies, Gentlemen, let's hear it for Corey Barker!
[music fades, cheering ensues, movie starts playing]
Corey Barker is a content developer for the Kelby Media Group. He provides creative content for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals and teaches at major Photoshop events like Photoshop World. He has a regular column in Photoshop User magazine and Layers Magazine and is co-host of the highly rated podcast: Layers TV with RC Concepcion. Corey is also Executive Producer of the highly popular tutorial/blog site PlanetPhotoshop.com. Corey is an award winning illustrator and designer with over 14 years of industry experience and is an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop.

No comments: