Friday, April 03, 2009

Finish the Sentence...with Jack Reznicki

[start up the copyright-protected game show music]
"It's time once again to ask a well-known photographer, instructor or otherwise interesting person the same 10 questions and ask them to Finish the Sentence! This week the sentences are finished by.... Jack Reznicki.

Jack, please Finish the Sentence..."

My favorite photography accessory (lights, modifier, bag, tripod) is
A smile. Gets people to do all sorts of things. ;-) Other than that, my EOS 1Ds MII.

I’ve learned the most from..
my mistakes.

If I could go anywhere in the world it would be_____ because….
“anywhere in the world” because I love to travel to new places. China for the 4th time is also appealing.

My most-used Photoshop add-on, plugin, action set (etc) is
My new Intous 4 tablet. Actually improves my workflow.

I love the fact that Photoshop
can get the photos to look like I imagine them to look, and beyond.

I hate the fact that Photoshop
is a time machine that can only transport me into the future. I sit down and it’s hours into the future. Why can’t they program it to take me back in time?

If I could turn back the clock 10 years
I’d take better care of myself.

In 10 years
I hope to be able to say I took better care of myself.

If I could give one piece of advice it would be
Register your work at the Copyright office. As creative people, it’s image insurance, just like camera insurance. Without it, you can find out too late that your copyright is fairly worthless.

Your readers can find out more about me
www.reznicki.com

Ladies, Gentlemen, let's hear it for Jack Reznicki!
[music fades, cheering ensues]
Jack Reznicki is a commercial people and children photographer based in New York City. His creative problem solving has helped promote products and services for many companies such as Tylenol, The Wall Street Journal, Hyatt, Toys "R" Us, Kodak, Canon, Epson, Reader's Digest, Crest, AT&T, Playtex, and several Time magazine covers. Additionally, he is a popular internationally respected lecturer, the author of several books on commercial photography, and continues to write for several photography magazines. Jack is a former President of Professional Photographers of America (PPA). He was appointed a guest professor at the Shandong University of Art and Design in Jinan, and is also a Mo-Tse Grand Master Photographer in China.

No comments: