Friday, May 01, 2009

Finish the Sentence...with Jim DiVitale

[ramp up the mind-numbing game show music]
"It's time once again to ask a well-known photographer, instructor or otherwise interesting person the same 10 questions and ask them to Finish the Sentence! This week the sentences are finished by.... Jim DiVitale.

Jim, please Finish the Sentence..."

My favorite photography accessory (lights, modifier, bag, tripod) is
the photomaster target. I use this on the begining of every photo shoot in or out of the studio and color and exposure are close to perfect right out of the camera.

I’ve learned the most from..
watching photographers that specialize in doing totally different types of work than I normally do every day.

If I could go anywhere in the world it would be_____ because….
Asia, because I have never been and I see so many beautiful images from there that are so different from other places I have been.

My most-used Photoshop add-on, plugin, action set (etc) is
my Creative Suite of OnOne Software tools

I love the fact that Photoshop
Can do anything my mind can come up with and make it real...

I hate the fact that Photoshop
keeps me working late at night as it lets me make images perfect.

If I could turn back the clock 10 years
I would have bought a commercial building and build my own studio instead of leasing a building.

In 10 years
I would like not to be working 7 days a week to keep up with everything.

If I could give one piece of advice it would be
Repeat clients that come back again and again is what makes a success in the business of Digital Photography.

Your readers can find out more about me
on my Blog and websites. You can find everything at www.divitalephotography.com

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's hear it for Jim DiVitale!!!

Jim DiVitale has been an Atlanta commercial advertising photographer and photography instructor for over 27 years, specializing in digital photography and computer photo illustration. He is a PPA Master Photographer, Master of Electronic Imaging, Photographic Craftsman, Fellow of the American Society of Photographers, NAPP Photoshop World instructor, and a Canon “Explorer of Light.” Jim writes the Digital Photography Workshop column for Photoshop User Magazine that is distributed to over 100 countries and serves as Director of Education of the Digital Imaging Institute for Science and Medicine.

Going completely digital capture in 1992, his award-winning digital photography has been featured in, among others, Graphis Photo, Communication Arts, Print, Archive Magazine, Create Magazine, Creativity, Rangefinder, Professional Photographer, Digital Output Magazine, Digital Imaging, Photo District News, and After Capture Magazine. His clients include Mizuno USA, William Carter Co, Toshiba, TEC America, Kenneth Cole, Bellsouth, BP Amoco, COX Media, Genuine Parts Company, Solvay Advanced Polymers, Witness Systems, JP Morgan Financial, Coca-Cola USA, and Scientific Atlanta. View Jim’s commercial advertising portfolio and digital imaging Blog at: www.DiVitalePhotography.com, or explore his fine art images at www.JimDiVitale.com.

No comments: