Friday, April 24, 2009

Finish the Sentence...with Taz Tally

[start up the fitness-inspired game show music]
"It's time once again to ask a well-known photographer, instructor or otherwise interesting person the same 10 questions and ask them to Finish the Sentence! This week the sentences are finished by.... Taz Tally.

Taz, please Finish the Sentence..."

My favorite photography accessory (lights, modifier, bag, tripod) is
My polarizing filter. I capture many landscapes and using my polarizing filter allows me precise control over how reflections, like sunlight off of water, and refracted light, like a scattering of light in the sky appears in my images.

I’ve learned the most from..
Eddie Tapp's creativity seminar on how he creates and manipulates his backgrounds and borders … good stuff!
I also love and learned a lot from participating in the portfolio reviews. I enjoy seeing, and learning from the work of others. I'm always astounded at the vast amount of creativity we humans have!

If I could go anywhere in the world it would be_____ because….
Travel the coastline of Antarctica via kayak because I'm so eager to capture the stark, compelling, grand landscapes created by the interaction of the vast glacial ice sheets and the wild southern oceans.

My most-used Photoshop add-on, plugin, action set (etc) is
My most used Photoshop plug-in is definitely Genuine Fractals, which I frequently use to increase the dimensional resolution of my files so that I can print at larger output dimensions.

I love the fact that Photoshop
… provides me with so many nondestructive editing and adjustment tools, such as adjustment layers and smart filters.

I hate the fact that Photoshop
Now has separate keyboard shortcuts for accessing individual channels in the channels panel and the individual channels in the various adjustment tools such as Curves and Levels. They used to be consistent GRRRRRRR!

If I could turn back the clock 10 years
I'm really not sure what I would want to change

In 10 years
• I hope to have visited and photographed the Tibetan plateau and the Himalaya Mountains, Africa, and Antarctica
• I hope to have ridden my bicycle from the northern edge of Alaska at the shore with the Bering Sea to the southern tip of Terra Del Fuego at the edge of the Southern Ocean.
• I hope to have skied across and photographed the Harding Icefield
• I hoped to have kayaked the circumference of Prince William Sound and the volcanic island of Augustine
• I hoped to have skied and photographed the bottomless powder slopes of the Caribou, Bugaboo, and Monashee mountain ranges in British Columbia, and the High Slopes of the Chugach Range in Alaska

If I could give one piece of advice it would be
Do What You Love, What Feeds Your Soul, What Makes You Go WOW And AHHH!

Your readers can find out more about me
at www.taztallyphotography.com

Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for Taz Tally!!!

Dr. Taz Tally is an avid outdoorsman and professional wilderness photographer in Homer, Alaska when he’s not touring the “Lower 48” giving his renowned Photoshop presentations as President of Taz Tally Seminars. He has authored numerous books and online training courses about Photoshop, digital photography and related digital imaging topics, and his latest book “50 Hikes in Alaska's Kenai Peninsula”. Taz's photo art was featured in a one-man gallery show, in Phoenix, Arizona, and regularly displays his photography at creative events throughout Alaska. A nature photographer, Taz draws on his background as a Ph.D. geologist and former UNC professor. A devoted athlete too, Taz laughs when folks discover he is also a former Mr. North Carolina and Mr. USA contestant. As part of his photography and publishing oriented lifestyle Taz routinely heads outdoors with his dog Zip, hiking, kayaking, roller-blading, Nordic skiing, and scuba diving. Zip and Taz have traveled the country, visiting every national park and every state in the union.

No comments: