Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My first newborn photo shoot

This past weekend I had the pleasure of doing a newborn photo shoot for friends of mine. Here are a few shots.....
(no Photoshop, just some minor exposure adjustments in Camera Raw)






Shot in their home with a pop-up black background and Wescott lights. I also brought a kid-sized beanbag chair and a black bath mat (it photographs like a nice rug, but it has a rubber backing, making it ideal for the accident that happened during the "naked baby" photos)

I learned a lot on this shoot - including that when baby says the shoot is over, it's over! Can't wait for the next one. Thanks Mike, Jenn and Baby Parker!

8 comments:

Magdalena said...

great shots!!! I'm so excited to start shooting my baby (when (s)he arrives!)

Michael LaPointe said...

Beautiful shots, Dave!

Anonymous said...

Love the foot picture!!

Mark Lea said...

Excellent way to come out of the starting gate :)

JLykins said...

Don't you hate dealing with all of those wierd newborn skin colors... I know I do. Good stuff man. I might have kept a little detail in the parents shirts on the first shot, but still good stuff.

Hcphoto said...

Very cool!

Loopsta said...

Were these the spider lights that Scott endorses ? I think its about time that phtogrpahers got some of the "trick" lighting that the video guys get, I was wwell impressed by the Zylite stuff http://www.zylight.com/servlet/StoreFront adjustable color temperature without gels ..wouldnt that be cool !

Amanda W said...

I am interested in doing an on location shoot like this. specifically what equipment would you recommend I buy? Thanks in advance.