Friday, July 03, 2009

Finish the Sentence...with Deke McClelland

"It's time once again to ask a well-known photographer, instructor or otherwise interesting person the same 10 questions and ask them to Finish the Sentence! In this special holiday edition, the sentences are finished by.... Deke McClelland.

Deke, please Finish the Sentence..."

My favorite photography accessory (lights, modifier, bag, tripod) is
an extra battery with a full charge on.

I’ve learned the most from...
listening to my students.

If I could go anywhere in the world it would be_____ because….
exactly where I am (Boulder, CO) 150 million years ago, because I’d get to hang out with my big old super-terrifying dinosaurs buddies. So much catching up to do!

My most-used Photoshop add-on, plugin, action set (etc) is
the Macintosh operating system. I’ve always found it to be a really nifty Photoshop helper.

I love the fact that Photoshop
has a deep blue icon.

I hate the fact that Photoshop
still hasn’t learn to talk.

If I could turn back the clock 10 years
I’d get back an entire decade of my life! Can you just imagine? That would rock. (Is this actually an option? Are you magical?!)

In 10 years
I will learn how to fly. You know, with my arms.

If I could give one piece of advice it would be
give love more, take love less. I know, I got all serious there . But it’s the secret of life, so I thought I really ought to pass it along.

Your readers can find out more about me
at their local bookstore. Unless they have this diabolical thing called the Internet, in which case: deke.com.

Ladies & Gentlemen, let's hear it for Deke McClelland!!

Deke McClelland is an internationally renowned instructor and popular lecturer with an emphasis on Photoshop and the wider realm of digital imaging and computer graphics. He hosts the in-box videos that ship with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS4, as well as most previous versions throughout this decade. His top-ranking “One-on-One” training series on lynda.com has established him as the #1 Photoshop video trainer in the world. Deke also created the bestselling One-on-One book series, published by Deke Press and O’Reilly Media. His body of work includes over 80 books and hundreds of hours of video training, which have garnered over 30 awards, including seven Computer Press Awards and nine video industry honors.

In 2008 Deke launched dekeOnline, a website dedicated to the worlds of graphics and imaging that explores new developments and provides expert tips, insights, and support. dekeOnline hosts two free media products, the irreverent “dekePod” video series and the audio-only, lounge-flavored “Martini Hour.” Deke’s energetic and distinctly personal training style continues to expand his customer base of creative professionals worldwide, with more than 10,000 dekeOnline members in the first year.

2 comments:

emgower said...

Deke is the greatest! Glad you had him here.

Earl said...

Ya gotta love Deke the Freak, huh?