Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Being a student

A few weeks ago I decided to be a student and watch Scott Kelby's online class, Light it, Shoot it, Retouch it. My goal was to watch Scott's instruction and then try to get the same (or similar) results myself.

After watching the lighting set-up, getting some helpful camera tips and making some notes, I went into the studio and took my own shots.

In my usual fashion of showing the after photo first, here's the "finished" photo after 15 minutes of retouching (a few blemishes removed, lessening dark areas under her eyes and whitening the eyes).


Here is the "as shot" photo, thanks to Scott's easy-to-follow instruction.


I'm very pleased with the results of my first attempt at learning a new technique, thanks to Scott and Kelby Training.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott Kelby has done a great job getting all of you guys together in one place. All of you have taught me so much that I actually now know how to not only take a great photograph I can also fix any mistakes I make and also make ugly people look fabulous. Seriously though, all of you guys are awesome and I don't want to know where I would be without you guys, Thank you.

Ken Toney said...

It's amazing what one can do if we just try. I have watched these training videos for a couple of years and when I finaly try to do one of the shoots, they usually turn out good. I think sometimes I feel as though I can't do some of them when in reality all I need to do is "just do it".