Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My new improved web site


Normally I wouldn't describe something as "new improved", but in this case it fits. My personal website had not changed in at least 5 years - it was basically a single page with links to NAPP, Kelby Training etc. Well, recently I decided to venture into the world of WordPress and update my site.

I gotta give major props to RC Concepcion - his Wordpress Basics for Photographers class at Kelby Training was exactly what I needed to understand where to start, how to work with themes etc. Every time I wasn't sure how to do something, a quick glance through the list of RC's lessons helped me find the answer. Then I found an inexpensive theme I liked from themeforest and I was off and running.

I still have a ways to go in adding content etc, but so far I'm pretty happy with the results.

Check it out!

1 comment:

Ken Toney said...

Dave, thanks for the tutorial on moving the presets to cs5. It all came back quick after I watched your video. After 18 months or so (since cs4 came out) I tend to forget things. Honestly if it was yesterday I would forget. There are many times when (with instructional tutorials) I have to open a window and photoshop at the same time so I can follow along with what y'all are showing (y'all is a southern term for "you all"). Thanks again for y'alls help!